Highly motivated employees are true assets to any organization. They're productive, energetic, pleasant, eager to take on additional responsibilities, spread their enthusiasm and work ethic to others.
But every organization, no matter what the industry or what the size, also has non-performing, unmotivated, burning out--or burnt-out--employees as well.
To increase success, every business owner needs to deal with this obstacle by identifying unmotivated employees and "turning them around." This is a great challenge for the bosses.
Identifying the Signs of Burnout
1. Attitude changes.
2. Comments from co-workers that "something is wrong."
3. Stress reactions.
5. Employee takes more breaks
6. Decrease in positive interaction with other employees.
7. Increase in errors.
8. Decrease in productivity.
9. Process to motivate burnt out employees
Steps to be taken
1. Meet with the individual and discuss about their performance or productivity.
2. Identify previous motivators
3. Identify new motivators.
4. Identify areas where the individual can experience a sense of achievement.
5. Recognize and reward the individual for a good job. This form of positive feedback encourages increased performance and therefore the individual receives even greater recognition.
6. Provide opportunities for personal or professional growth on the job.
7. Create a concrete career pathway
8. Communicate frequently
9. Try job rotation system between employees
10. And finally, try expanding the breadth and depth of responsibilities. This too can energize the individual who is not feeling challenged.
An easy and extremely effective way to increase employee motivation is to "COMMUNICATE" "ENCOURAGE" & "REWARD"
You may also like to read -